We need your help! We have a stronger voice together. Here is what you can do RIGHT NOW to help our parent-driven advocacy:
- Contact your School Board Member. If you aren’t sure who that is, go see the information under District Info (and then come back here). Things to remember:
- Please copy us so we can be informed about what our parents are saying, and look for trends/themes within our group. Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make it personal! Ensure you tell your Board Member you live in their district (or your child attends school in their district) and the grade level of your child(ren). Include the school if you are comfortable doing so. Describe your personal experience, and concerns. Include a recommendation for next steps if appropriate. Tell them you are a member of our advocacy group, and why it is important that parents have a voice!
- Copy your Regional Superintendent (which you can find under District Info)
- Keep in mind that anything sent to the School Board is considered public record. Your email address, and any content in the email may be released in response to a public records request. If you prefer, you may contact the School Board via phone or regular mail.
- Submit a Public Comment for the next MDCPS School Board Meeting! Public Comment processes and deadlines can change, so be sure to watch our Social Media accounts for details.
- Join the ongoing discussion! Join our free private 1200+ member parent-driven Facebook Group and share your MDCPS related questions and experiences. We also ask for input on our collective priorities and action items.
- Spread the word. We need followers, likes, shares and group members so we can continue to build an inclusive community of support, engagement and information sharing. Here are ways to help us spread the word: